There is nothing more enjoyable in the winter than sitting around the fire and enjoying cozy winter treats. Here are some wonderful treats you can enjoy sitting by the fire with the ones that you love.
- Peppermint punch: Peppermint ice cream, ginger ale, and Baily’s mixed together with a peppermint stick. Add a little whip cream to the top for an extra treat.
- Hot chocolate a la The Polar Express: Heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, bittersweet chocolate chips, milk, and vanilla. Stir everything together over low heat until chocolate is melted and fully incorporated with the other ingredients.
- Apple pie: You don’t even need a recipe for this. Really any apple pie will do. Heat it in the microwave and you have one warm delicious winter treat.
- Cinnamon buns: Warm ooey gooey cinnamon buns. Not exactly bathing suit ready, but a great winter treat nonetheless.
- Baked oatmeal bars: Get your morning oatmeal in a handy little bar. Add your favorite sweet treats (dried figs, raisins, chocolate chips) to make it a sweet treat.
- Apple crisp: Apples make perfect sweet treats. They taste great warm and a nice crunchy apple crisp is the perfect winter soul-soothing treat.
- Brownies: It doesn’t matter how you make them as long as you eat them right out of the pan. Because a warm fresh brownie is the ultimate warm and cozy winter treat.
- Banana bread: This isn’t too difficult to make. Some nice ripe bananas mashed up with flour, some sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. It tastes great warm with some butter (or peanut butter) and a cup of tea.
- Hot apple cider: Take it up a notch by adding some hot buttered rum and a cinnamon stick. Sure to keep you warm on those cold winter nights. Or just top your hot apple cider with a hint of caramel.
- Eggnog: You can’t go wrong in the winter with a little eggnog. For a classic holiday treat, try eggnog with rum and almond. A virgin drink that tastes great is a cider nog. Apple cider, an egg, and some sugar make this a great sweet treat for the winter.
- Mug cakes: Use your coffee mug for more than just coffee. Take your favorite cake and bake it in your coffee mug for a quick treat. And since it’s a single serving you don’t have to feel like you need to eat the whole cake. You can satisfy your sweet tooth by whipping up this one simple single-serve cake.
- Hot vanilla: Instead of hot chocolate, try hot vanilla. Some milk, sugar, and vanilla extract make tasty hot vanilla. Heat the milk and sugar in the microwave and then add the vanilla. Top it with a dollop of whipping cream, chocolate syrup, and a dash of cinnamon. Are you feeling warm yet?
With winter right around the corner, you will want to make sure to stock up on all of the things you’re going to need to stay warm and cozy. Just don’t forget the booze and the chocolate. With those things, you are sure to find a recipe that will keep you warm, cozy, and very happy this winter.
What are your favorite winter treats?