Mango and Prawn Salad is packed with fresh summer ingredients like prawns (shrimp), mango, and avocado then tossed with a lemon and garlic dressing.
- 150 g risoni/orzo pasta dry/uncooked
- 400 g cooked peeled prawns (shrimp) chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large mango diced
- 1 large avocado diced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves firmly packed – roughly chopped
- 100 g danish feta crumbled
- 2 teaspoon olive oil sub with garlic-infused if you like
- juice of 1 fresh lemon to taste
- 2 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil (see my notes)
- salt & pepper
- Cook risoni/orzo according to packet directions, then drain. Stir through olive oil and allow to cool.2 teaspoon olive oil150 g risoni/orzo pasta
- To a large bowl, add cooked risoni, along with prawns, mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes, chives, and parsley and mix to combine.400 g cooked peeled prawns (shrimp)1 large mango1 large avocado250 g cherry tomatoes1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- For the dressing, combine lemon juice, garlic-infused olive oil and salt & pepper, adjusting as necessary.juice of 1 fresh lemon2 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oilsalt & pepper
- Toss dressing gently through salad, sprinkle with crumbled feta and serve.100 g danish feta
- This is a great way to stretch your prawn/shrimp budget further. By chopping the prawns into smaller pieces they go further in the salad. I’m one of those people that like to have a little bit of everything in each mouthful (or at least the option!) and chopping the prawns makes that easy.
- Garlic-infused olive oil – this is available in supermarkets, alongside all of the other oils. My suggestion would be to taste test it first as they can vary in strength. You may want to tone down the garlic flavour using regular olive oil – depending on your taste.