This easy keto dinner recipe is not only healthy, it’s made with just 5 simple ingredients and is excellent for the entire family! The ground chicken makes them quick and easy to make without a lot of mess or pre-baking. You don’t have to be on a low carb diet to fall in love with these delicous chicken stuffed zucchini boats.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: keto, low carb, zucchini boats
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 large zucchinis (or 4 small)
- 2 cups marinara or pasta sauce
- 3 cups freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and chop the ground chicken until no longer pink. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix in about 2 cups of tomato sauce with the chicken and turn the heat to low so it can simmer and absorb the sauce for a bit (you don’t want it to be too runny, so if you’re using a thin sauce you may need to use a little less).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- While the chicken and sauce are simmering, de-stem and cut your zucchinis in half length wise. Use a spoon or melon baller to carve out the guts. *See tip in notes for what to do with the guts.
- Mix in 2 cups of shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup of your parmesan to the chicken and sauce mixture; stir until melted.
- Spoon the mixture onto your zucchini boats, and then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan over top.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack for 25 minutes, and then switch your oven to broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese.